Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Squat Challenge!

Emma is now 4 months old and while I lost all my baby weight within a month of her being born - we then faced Christmas and with my hormones tending to be unbalanced causing weight gain....I've got some work to do.

Oh, so cute, right??
= 
NO! this is not really me....but a few more chocolate bars...


 
My fitness class is on break for a couple of weeks so I needed something to get me focussed and doing something productive in the evening other than snacking...so I've decided to do a squat challenge!

Given I can already do over 100 squats in a row easily but I definitely don't do it often enough so here I am, someone keep me accoutable...and maybe join me so I know I'm not alone in this!! :)

Here is the site: http://www.twohundredsquats.com/week6.html

I'm starting in week six but read through and start where works for you!  I'm following up my squats with a couple of 30 second planks that I'm trying to get back up to 1 minute...if only I could find those abdominal muscles that Emma stole on her way out ;) 

My challenge for myself is to do this 3-4 x a week minimum. 

To go along with this, I am making diet changes including starting the day with a green smoothie, changing my daily coffee to Dandy Blend, and drinking Apple Cider Vinegar in Green tea throughout the day and taking daily probiotics.

I like to weigh in 4x/day...but that doesn't seem to be working so well.  I think I'll cut back to 1/week instead.   So get your squat on and meet me back here in one week!

Go!

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment