Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Night of Enchanted, Little Girls, and Making Things Beautiful

I teach a girl's group in my church called GEMS where each week we do games, crafts and Bible studies.  This past Thursday was our final group night so I wanted to do a special craft for themselves and for their mom's for Mother's Day.  So our night consisted of watching the movie Enchanted(so cute!), popcorn, and making a chalkboard frame! One for themselves, one for Mom:)

So last weekend my yard saling consisted of searching for cheap suitable frames...Here's my finds!

















The girls were very excited to get to work, though most of them were not patient enough to do several coats..just one big one, but hey....they loved it!










And at the end of the day, my door now has this beauty waiting to welcome our visitors!  I was iffy about the yellow but now I LOVE it!! Makes me so happy!











Have a great day!

Share

4 comments:

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hello, What a great idea and love that you did it with a group of girls from church. Adorable.
Hugz,
Kim

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great night. How's you do the chalkboard part? Did you just paint on the front of the back or did you use another piece of wood?

LaKeta said...

I love the shade of yellow...so bright and cheery. Perfect entry color!

Jane B. said...

This is so fun...I LOVE IT! Thaks for linkin' up to FF!

Jane
Finding Fabulous

Post a Comment